Maybe I should be doing these chapter summaries more frequently so we can get into the more interesting chapters of Livy, but I want to keep the balance right. In this section, we see Amulius killed and Numitor placed rightfully back on the throne.
- Numitor tells the Alban soldiery to the palace because “an enemy had entered the citadel”.
- Amulius is recognised as the rightful King of Alba Longa by the people, and he is congratulated for assassinating his brother
- Romulus and Remus, happy with their work, decide to go and build a city nearby
- Romulus chose the Palatine as the founding hulk
- Remus chose the Aventine instead